Even though I was scared, I finally did it!
Is there something you've always wanted to do, but are a little afraid of? Yeah, me too.
Sometimes, taking care of ourselves includes stretching beyond what we think is possible and getting a little uncomfortable.
We recently celebrated my husband's birthday on Kauai and I completely stretched myself to do something I'd been wanting to for years—I got my first surfing lesson!
What an experience! Here are my reflections:
- Surfing takes WAY more effort than I ever thought.
- My neck and back were super sore from basically holding cobra for 1.5 hours.
- If I lived near the ocean, this would be my life.
- Surfing is DEEP and full of life lessons.
- I know I received a big dose of time-released ahas.
- In the beginning, surfing feels more like work than flow, but there’s even a flow to that.
- I’m getting better at being a beginner—my inner bestie was right there with me the whole time.
- I loved the feeling of exhaustion from using my body.
- I’ve gotten better at letting myself relax.
- I WILL be on a surfboard again. 🌊
- I’m proud of myself for finally doing this—I’ve wanted to for SO long! 💜
What have you been really wanting to do, but been a little scared to try? What would happen if you did it? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. 12. Perhaps I'll stick with Body Boarding—MUCH easier and a negligible learning curve. 😉